Tuesday, June 14, 2011

If I Gained the World by Linda Nichols




I love If I Gained the World by Linda Nichols. I found this book at the library in 2004, and have since read it at least four times. There is something so wonderful about this book. The story is excellent, the characters are real, the writing is skilled, and Biblical truths are evident throughout.




Lenore and Daniel live together and have a child. Daniel is an actor waiting for his big break. Lenore longs for marriage with Daniel. When Daniel is unable to commit himself to Lenore and their son, Scott, everything changes. Lenore and Scott move to Seattle to begin a new life. There they face many challenges, but the church and more importantly Christians help them. Meanwhile Daniel gets his big break, but comes to realize success is meaningless without the family he loved.




I love, love this book. This book speaks to me. It is one of my most favorite books. I love how Lenore becomes part of a community, how she slowly puts her life together, and how the colorful characters are flawed, yet experience grace.


I highly recommend this book. A perfect summer read.

No comments:

Post a Comment