Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Butterfly Effect by Andy Andrews


I loved Andy Andrews' new book The Butterfly Effect: How Your Life Matters. This book illustrates that point in such a beautiful way. I think everyone needs reminding that each decision we make affects others and could impact the world for years to come.


This short book is an easy read. I think I read it in less than an hour. But the truths contained in this small book will stay with me for life.


I think this book could be especially impactful to young people ages 10 and up. I am going to require my 5th/6th Literature class to read this book this year. As I think all of us have this desire deep inside us to impact and change the world for the better. This book illustrates how choosing to do the right thing can have far reaching consequences. And that each person's life matters.


I highly recommend this book. This book spoke to me in a very personal way, as I felt God speak to me through other people on two occasions, that I was like a butterfly to God. I understood this to mean that I was changing and becoming something new. But through this book I am challenged to see the "butterfly" in a different way. That the butterfly is more than me just changing, but that through my life I can start a chain reaction to change the world.



I received an advance copy of this book for free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment